Should I upgrade to XT1 from XE1?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
bobvarakrit
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Re: Facing same decision!
In reply to madeinxyz, 10 months ago

WakingMaverick wrote:

I am currently facing the decision making process.

I currently own a X-E1 and a couple lenses.

I decided to stick to my X-E1 as I am too still in the progress of getting to know this camera.

Even after a year, this camera delivers stunning results and it would be a shame to just upgrade to a newer one (if I did I wouldn't think of selling this camera. I would continue to use it as a backup).

Since Fuji is developing and providing lenses that fit all the X system cameras, I suggest, that you continue using your X-E1, invest in more lenses (like the incredible 58mm 1.2) and upgrade to a newer body sometime later.

Another thing is: I am kind of curious as to what FUJI might deliver on the X-Pro 2 front in the future.

Yes, i mean i am getting a lot of keepers from XE1.  IQ is not a reason for me to upgrade.  I just find that taking a picture of my 1.5 years old baby is kind of hard and i dont really want to miss any shot while taking his pictures.
The other dilemma is that i'm going to Japan, and i know it is a country where you can get a lot of nice pictures.  I just want myself to be ready for it, both personal and gear wise.  
If i decideto stick with XE1 for japan trip, i will probably wait until xpro2 come out and see if the af speed will be even faster.  Right now i'm just stuck on what to bring to Japan.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow