>>> Street Photography eXchange #84 <<<

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,423Gear list
Like?
carryover for naurholm's 'which crop?'
In reply to naurholm, 7 months ago

from last spx thread, naurholm asked us which crop of the 'look into my eye' portrait we liked best. feel free to comment here, as the last thread closed pretty fast.

personally, naurholm, i just don't like selective desaturation very much, so i am predisposed against this picture. it's just my personal quirk--i like a picture either all in color, or all in bw.

in this shot, your title indicates it wants to be about the eyes, but then the riotous scarf demands attention and kind of overpowers the shot.

i think she looks good, though, and the vertical crop will probably look really good on your phone. i also think the jacket visible in the wider crop adds some interest. but if you do keep the partial desaturation, then i think there's no contest, between these two options i prefer the narrower vertical crop--dividing the color and bw portions into two halves works better imo than having color in one spot on the picture, and it shows her eyes better than the larger pic.

____

yeah, i am often up pretty late. the combination of teaching and research schedules mean that i often keep unusual hours. it looks like you've been doing quite a bit of traveling, yourself.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
smsNew
RedNew
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow