In search of image quality

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: In search of image quality
In reply to Jeadm, 5 months ago

I am with Walt on this - the 1650 is a fine fine piece of glass. Before release it was originally designated a G spec lens but this was later dropped.

The quality of light, exposure settings, subject, composition and your skills at post processing all play a very significant role in image quality.

Have look at my photos in this thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3619704

These were shot very recently on an A77 and the very same 1650 lens and I would not say they are lacking anything that you describe you want from a new lens.

For now I would save your money and if you are not already doing so start shooting in RAW and invest in either Lightroom or DxO Optics Pro (for the record I use the latter - much prefer it to LR).

Read up about how light affects image etc and practice practice practice.  It has taken me 5 years to get a set of shots that I am thoroughly pleased with.

-- hide signature --
 dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow