Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: In search of image quality
In reply to doctorxring, 5 months ago

doctorxring wrote:

dlkeller wrote:

You have a good camera and one of the best zooms available so I'm not sure a lens change is going to really improve images except on an extreme pixel peeking examination.

If you are this discriminating I would make my decision based on specific need rather than a general suggestion. What aspect of performance do you really hope to improve upon?

-- hide signature --

Dave

Thanks for the comeback Dave.

When I started with SLT I used the 1855 kit lens. Which is quite good, but I could see a significant increase in sharpness,

In the center yes a tad, but I'm sure not in the edges/corners.

resolution, and color contrast when I got the DT1650. I would like more of that. The best sharpness and resolution that I can get, the best color depth and contrast I can get (with the A65). I look back at my photos sometimes and have regret that I did not pursue image quality sooner. Before I got my A33 (when it came out) I was shooting Canon "S" point and shoot, not really understanding how significant sensor and glass was.

I also have the RX1 in mind because it is at a focal length I like and it does have the FF sensor, which has better DR. I have seen many superb quality photos on the net taken with it. The only two things that I do not like about it are no tilt screen and no IS. But it produces, so these are more nitpicks that anything else I suppose.

My favorite subject are most often static. I like still life, scenics, and landscapes. I do photograph people at times, but I don't feel I need blinding AF speed, etc. I like to be able to handle low light subjects, but I don't seek them out. So I would like to be able to increase my quality of image and my versatility of kit with this choice.

I am open to consider all options.

Chris

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow