In search of image quality

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: In search of image quality
In reply to dlkeller, 6 months ago

dlkeller wrote:

You have a good camera and one of the best zooms available so I'm not sure a lens change is going to really improve images except on an extreme pixel peeking examination.

If you are this discriminating I would make my decision based on specific need rather than a general suggestion. What aspect of performance do you really hope to improve upon?

-- hide signature --

Dave

Agreed,

And it's depends on the future choice of the O.P. (if he want to switch FF or not)

Anyway, the CZ 24mm F/2, is not as good with the A65/A77 (DxO give a ratio of 10 p-MP only) vs CZ 24-70mm 15 p-MP. That tell to me, the zoom should be a better choice imho.

I would forget the RX1, because it's excellent, but not in the same league. And the CZ zoom maybe not so far.

If for a prime, I would prefer the Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM. Stunning. And the F/1,8 rocks to get the extra lit to have higher shutter speed. This is the best DT prime ever for the A65/A77. US$250.- only and as good as the Sony 35mm F1.4 G! (US$1369)

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow