Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterTX
Contributing MemberPosts: 683Gear list
Like?
Panasonic 25 1.4 vs Olympus primes
10 months ago

Looking at price and low light capacity and as a walk around lens, wouldn't the Panasonic 25 1.4 fit the bill perfectly? It is 50mm in FF and with 1.4 it give 2 (I think) stops over the 12-40 2.8.

I know the 75 1.8 is considered the sharpest and 45 1.8 the best value etc.

But with the 12-40 (and the 40-150 as a good telephoto) on my EM1 the 25 1.4 as a walk around minimalistic lens and great for low light seems perfect.

Am I off here? How is the sharpness and other qualities of the lens? Please educate me since I am new to the Olympus world and m4/3 format.

Btw, I just received my EM1 tonight from B&H and am a little disappointed with the packaging. Overall it was good except all the bubble plastic was on the top of the camera in the box. Doesn't really protect the camera if they drop the box on the "wrong" side. The last camera I got from B& H had the bubble wrap around the camera not on top in the box.

Only thing I noticed was the lock button for the mode wheel was a little hard and loud when I pressed it. Otherwise it looks great.

However given the time I am not testing it tonight. Tomorrow is a different story though…!

PeterTX's gear list:PeterTX's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow