Going a long distance to do my first 'photoshoot' - Horses. Any tips? What to ensure? Nervous!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akelu
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Going a long distance to do my first 'photoshoot' - Horses. Any tips? What to ensure? Nervous!
7 months ago

Hi Guys

In the next few weeks im going to be going for a 3.5hour drive to a friends farm to stay for a night.

We are going to be doing 2 shoots, one for business and one for fun.

Business side of things is for her job, its will include action shots of her riding the horses,and some shots of her guiding the horse around on foot, portrait with her/the horses etc.

The other fun shoot will be a spiritual shoot with dressups like fairy clothes etc.

My gear includes

Olympus OMD EM-1

Lumix 45-175 (90-350 equivalent full frame)

Panaleica 25mm 1.4 (50 equivalent)

Samyang 7.5mm fisheye

Good tripod with panning

Polarizing filter

fl-600r flash

fl-300r flash

I have been doing photography for the last year or so and am starting to get proficient in lightroom, however this is going to be a proper photoshoot and I want to make sure i do it right.

I haven't used the C-AF function of my camera before, I assume I will be using this to get the horses in action.

I usually use aperture priority mode. Should i try go full manual?

I don't have that much experience using my flash in the day, should I attempt to incorporate it? What about remote mode to trigger both flashes at once, i havent much experience with this but its possible.

Should i use my polarizing filter?

These are just some of the things going through my mind, I think i should be mostly fine but if i could get some tips/suggestions from people here i think it might help a bit.

I will post up the photos afterwards

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow