Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
SushiEater
Senior MemberPosts: 1,989Gear list
Like?
Re: Your opinion on Blu-Ray?
In reply to kelpdiver, 9 months ago

kelpdiver wrote:

lemon_juice wrote:

However, I don't really like what has happened with blu-ray movies. The number of protections, the fact that you need to have all pieces of your equipment compatible with some blu-ray decoding mechanism is some kind of joke. It's as if the creators of blu-ray didn't really want people to buy blu-ray and invented all kinds of obstacles and annoyances to make our lives harder. l.

You don't have a player, but you're convinced they're impossible to use? I've had quite a few, starting with the PS3 8 years ago. Never had a complication. The copy protection schemes are broken within days of release. If I wanted to give up the space on my NAS, I could rip blu-rays to disk, and then play on my media devices. No, this is not really a legitimate complaint, unless DVDs are boycotted for CSS, and VHS for Macrovision.

Really!!!! Did you break Cinavia?

Blu-ray adoption continues to pace ahead of DVD, though I think that will not be maintained as enough people switch to streaming models. But the quality suffers considerably, and that's why many still opt for the optical disk, with bit rates 2-6 times higher than you see with Netflix. In the US, broadband just isn't keeping pace, and it falls further with UHD.

Streaming doesn't always allow for multiple sound sources like Dolby True HD or DTS HD plus. That is why I am buying everything on BD.

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow