There we go. GH4 allows 24/25/30 selection.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 942Gear list
Like?
There we go. GH4 allows 24/25/30 selection.
5 months ago

But still with the stupid 30 minute restriction in Europe. I guess many of the serious European film makers will be importing this one from overseas!

"The new DMC-GH4 further evolves to bridge the gap of consumer video camera and professional video camera. One of the most prominent advance is unlimited*1 4K video recording (Cinema 4K: 4096×2160 / 24 fps and QFHD 4K: 3840×2160 / up to 30 fps) in MOV/MP4*2. The DMC-GH4 is also capable of recording Full- HD video with ultra high bitrate at 200 Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 100 Mbps (IPB) without recording time limit *1*2. Users can freely choose the format from MOV, MP4, AVCHD Progressive and AVCHD at a variety of frame rates according to the usage. For the global business of professional users, the system frequency can be flexibly selectable between 59.94Hz (23.98Hz) / 50.00Hz / 24.00Hz. The DMC-GH4 is also capable of real-time image output to the external monitor via an optional micro HDMI cable simultaneously while recording video. For more unique video expression, VFR(Variable Frame Rate) or Time Lapse/Stop Motion Animation can be produced with DMC-GH4 without postproduction process. In addition, a variety of practical functions required for professional video recording are newly integrated."

*1 Motion image can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera’s sales area.

Other highlights include max 1/8000 shutter and a shutter rated for 200k+ actuations. RAW development in camera.

As someone who has zero interest in 4K video, I really tried to resist but I just might have to upgrade from GH3 for this. As a musician and an event photographer (and trying to be videographer), the GH4 offers that XLR option if I ever need it. RAW development in camera is great for editing on location when I got a good shot but in poor lighting (which is pretty much all the time in a live venue) and I need to upload a picture to a social networking site or something like that. Plus the GH3 has been so reliable for me and I love being able to go days without a recharge.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow