Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ppires85
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
mounting a kit for eos 6d - USD3.700,00
2 months ago

So here we are, I'm planing to mount a kit with eos 6d for travel in the value of USD3.700,00 as it says in the thread name. So, leeeeeeeeet's get ready to rumble and I would enjoy some advice :). I'm taking as a reference the prices of amazon.com

1. Eos 6d + 24-105mm - USD2.433,00 - I think the kit lens is maybe a nobrainer thinking of the cost. The budget is really limited to build a system from zero, but let's get the challenge.

2. 40mm 2.8 - USD191,00 - this beauty is a small babe very useful specially for being discrete. Sweet flavored pancake.

3. extra batery - USD59,00 - long strides with a lot of clicks might need an extra battery. I really would love to use the GPS and WIFI.

So we still have left USD1.017,00 to spend. Anybody has tips for that money? I was thinking that Tokina 16-28mm might add up nicely for the kit. Or even 17-40mm, but I think it's not good to spend more with slow glass. I mean 24-105mm is slow glass and one is enough for me... i know that landscapes use high apperture, but I think I miss a fast lens I just don't know if I should add to the wide side or to the tele side.

Question also: should I change the 24-105mm for the Tamron 28-75mm or even push up to the tamron 24-70mm???

My thoughts are that maybe wide would be ok with Rokinon 14mm... but I'm always concerned about that lens' durability... Suggestions???

And please, I'm not discussing here whether should I change system, nor if I should get FF, no philosofical questions. Just what would be fun for that budget I have in mind.

Concerning my style in general, I usually take pictures at night, street and landscapes.

ppires85's gear list:ppires85's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow