Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sherwin V Ubaldo
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
7D USB port suddenly didn't function
10 months ago

I was shooting tethered to a laptop for a school and the 1st day went thru without a hitch. On the second day, same setup but we connected the usb cable thru another port which is a USB 3.0. Half way thru when I was changing lens, as usual, turn off the camera, change lens then on. To our suprise the EOS Utility cannot detect the camera. We tried another camera (6D & 60D) and was detected without any problem!
There is not much movement with the 7D to damage the USB port physically because I was shooting all the time with a tripod. I have searched google extensively already but there is no definitive solution than sending it to Canon Service Center which cost them around $500!
One thing I did was to use USBDeview (a freeware) to view all USB installation history and uninstall drivers then reinstall again. But no luck. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the EOS Utility and all other softwares from canon thou.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Just do your best at all times. Sick or not.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow