Size comparison of FE 4/2470 on A7 vs Olympus 12-40 f2.8 on GX7

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,742Gear list
Like?
Re: And I like what Olympus did :)
In reply to Jorginho, 5 months ago

Jorginho wrote:

But you seem to be talking about sensorzie and cam size mostly. ANd it is great. As for other aspects, I think the EM1 is much more spectacular actually.

Like low light? Low noise? High MP? High IQ? High DR?

The EM1 is pretty good, but not as good as ....

Also the new Fuji could be as good (may be a bit better or worse).

As the EM1 or as the A7/r, or are you lumping them all together again?

A7/R is not so special in other aspects I think...

We understand how you think

Zoom lenses...well....these will be very big for FF. They are even too big already for APS-c mirrorless...

The EM1 is great for what you would use it for. To me, the EM1 and A7 are not competing cameras, they each serve a different purpose.

If I had to pick only one, I would pick the larger sensor, for obvious reasons. Other may choose differently, everyone has a choice. A larger sensor camera can do what a smaller sensor camera does, but not the reverse. Perhaps a smaller camera sensor can be optimized but as Eric (Viking79) called it, it becomes "a one trick pony".

What I don't like in these threads is the continuous "A is better than B" attacks on the Sony products by the smaller sensor crowd. Most arguments are being rehashed over and over again and discussions never stay on topic. This thread already reads alike so many from the past.

I would not be surprised if Fuji also entered the FF market. Question then is "should Oly too?"

Why not start with "the smaller sensor is .... SMALLER" and then divide pros and cons from there.

I am tired of hearing "the smaller sensor is .... BETTER" for it simply is not true.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow