Size comparison of FE 4/2470 on A7 vs Olympus 12-40 f2.8 on GX7

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,229
Like?
Re: I like what Sony did
In reply to Jorginho, 5 months ago

Jorginho wrote:

But you seem to be talking about sensorzie and cam size mostly. ANd it is gceat.

Actually, he was specifically talking about the midrange zoom lenses and suggesting that for a FF sensor versus m43, the difference between the lenses is not very significant. And I agree.

As for other aspects, I think the EM1 is much more spectacular actually.

No idea what "other aspects" are. Cameras are cameras and different people are going to like different ones for different reasons.

Also the new Fuji could be as good

That's as meaningless as the "other aspects" comment above. "As good" in what way ? All cameras are good in some ways, bad in others.

(may be a bit better or worse). A7/R is not so special in other aspects I think...

Again, all cameras are good in some ways, bad in others.

Zoom lenses...well....these will be very big for FF.

I think you mean telephoto lenses, not zoom lenses ? And yeah, they will be. Honestly, I'm not sure why so many people get so hung up on comparing systems with a 2-stop difference between them. Especially when there are a number of very good options in between them ! I mean, is anyone out there really in a quandry debating whether to get m43 or FF ?

They are even too big already for APS-c mirrorless...

For whom ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow