Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lescrane
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
70D - from 60D just opened , a couple questions
8 months ago

not a big learning curve from the 60D....biggest diff seems to be the focusing screen options, selection...
So, 1) on the viewfinder red grid.....the lines don't go all the way through; eg. not really seeing the "rule of thirds" intersections here. is that correct? I see them after the fact on the lcd screen as per setting.  So what's the purposed of the "grid" if not rule of thirds?

2. On the "electronic viewfinder".  If I set that in custom function to switch on and off w/ DOF button, I lose the DOF preview, is that correct? Trying to figure if there's a work around to quickly switch.  I don't want to lose DOF button

Other than these two minor things, everything as expected.  Need to train the fingers a bit...eg that little "lump" almost touching the shutter button is the focus point button.

I stiill have the 60D but sold my T4i which was my backup/2nd body.  Reallly didnt like the lack of function buttons and switching bet the 2 bodies w/diff controls.  I did like the touch screen a lot, happy to have it on the 70d.   The weight factor had me using Rebels when having a 20/40D to carry plus a 2nd ..rebel was much lighter.  Thankfully they made the 70D no heavier than the 60D.

thx for your help

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow