Like?
I'll help you...
In reply to blue_skies, 10 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

Lab D wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

Lab D wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

it would be a better comparison if you didn't have the lens hood reversed on one lens and no hood on the other - I would suspect the lens would look smaller without the hood.

I may get flamed for this, but this is a better/fair comparison of 2 lenses with the same range and no lens hoods to make one look bigger.

http://camerasize.com/compact/#487.393,289.336,ha,t

Really? - updated: http://camerasize.com/compact/#289.336,487.393,482.412,ha,t

Why did you add in a lens with a larger/longer focal range and that has optics made for close-up focusing. It also has a special manual focus ring that the other lenses don't have. Do you see why it is not comparable, especially when there is another lens that matches the specs of what you want to compare?

If you would like to discuss this, please start a thread in the Open forum.

Why can you replace the OP's 12-40 PRO lens with the lower grade 12-35 and-almost-same size lens,

FYI, The Panasonic 12-35mm geting higher ratings on a few of the lens review sites than the 12-40mm lens and the Panasonic is also weatherproof too.  When you say "lower grade" you must be talking about how the Olympus has optics for close-up focusing and a special manual focus ring not found on the Sony or Panasonic.

If you want to compare the 24-70mm lens to a 24-80 lens with a special macro-like optics and a manual focus ring, then you are welcome to do so, and I hope it makes you happy. You really need to be happy with your camera choice.

Whatever you do, don't compare the 70-200mm lenses.

whereas why can I not replace the OP's non-humped GX7 with the humped EM1 camera?

Check my example and see I replaced the non-humped camera too.  I used the E-M5 which was used to take 4 of the top 9 photos in "best of 2013" contest, but the E-M1 is fine too.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow