Fujifilm XF 35 vs 23 (Portrait, People, Facial/Body proportion)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AJ153
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Fujifilm XF 35 vs 23 (Portrait, People, Facial/Body proportion)
8 months ago

Once I get the Fuji X100s, I will think about upgrading to the X-T1 if I ever need the 35mm

Recap of what I look for

My personal preference is prime lenses, and people photography. I love to capture the natural beauty of people (their faces, and fashion). Not in a clinical environment, but outdoors, in the streets, window light, or in a well lite cafe. I love taking group photos, and I love candid shots. My personal taste in aesthetically beautiful shots are those with tons of natural soft whites, luminant, uniquely soft vivid colors, and natural skin with a hint of a soft bright tone. I also love going on morning,afternoon, and evening hikes into nature. Inside a forest or a the massive landscapes of a meadow. I also like street photography. For that I go to Chicago an hour away.

My question is does anyone have samples or a side-by-side comparison of XF 35 and 23mm? Anyone have thoughts,opinions on these two lenses? like distortion and human eye perspective? Which gives the more appealing look to peoples faces, and body proportion? Which looks more natural? Because in the case of me upgrading to the X-T1; I think I would only need one the two once I get the X100S?

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow