Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jaaaames
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Is the D800 worth it today?
2 months ago

HI all, I am looking to upgrade into a full frame camera later this month. I have been researching like crazy and I really like what the D800 has to offer. I know it's getting a bit long in the tooth, so my question is; is it still relevant today? 36 mp is alot, I know. But, if you were buying a new full frame camera this year, would the d800 be on the list?

Background info. I shoot landscapes, events, low light, weddings, and portraits. I will be getting the 70-200 2.8 vrII and the 24-70 2.8 at the same time of the camera, so my base lenses will be covered. I shoot mainly with my F3 and I have a d5100 with a slew of lenses that wont work on full frame. I do have the 50mm 1.8g that will work, and if I want I can use the DX feature on the 800 to use my other lenses. No worries there though. The d5100 will be my back up/reach camera.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Nikon D5100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow