Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobvarakrit
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Should I upgrade to XT1 from XE1?
7 months ago

Ok guys, need your inputs here.  Currently I have Fuji XE1 with 35mm, 18-55 and 55-200mm.  I am looking to invest into the system by buying more lens in the future.  I am like a lot of you guys who move from 5DMK2 because they are so heavy.  Pictures I like to take are my 1.5 years old baby, landscape, portraits, animals, little bit of street, and well, pretty much of everything.  I plan to print my favorite pictures and out them up at my home.  The biggest will most likely be around 20x30.
The biggest gripe I have with XE1 is of course auto focus speed, shutter lag, and also evf.  I must admit, though, that I have not read the manual.  And i have not really used XE1 to its maximum capability.  I'm sure that I would be able to miss less captured moments if i learn how to use it more.  However, i might be going to japan for vacation at the end of this month.  And I dont really want to miss a thing when I go there.  japan is a very beautiful country and I want to be ready, gear wise at least.
Problem is i dont want to carry my 5d with 16-35, 50mm, 100 macro, and what not.  I did that last time but i dont want to do it this time.  So my dilemma is should I buy XT1?  Do you think it would be an upgrade?  I havent have much time with XE2 when they come out so i dont really know how much of an improvement it is over XE1.  Can those of you who made an upgrade from XE1 to XE2 or XT1 (have played around with) chime in your finding on this topic please?

In Thailand we cant really buy and return product.  The most we can do is play around in the store, which i cant really tell if it's working better or not in real life situation.

thank you for your comments and feedbacks.

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow