ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
janzu77
Contributing MemberPosts: 918Gear list
Like?
****Mini Challenge #395 "Pattern(s)"****
2 months ago

Hi everyone out there!

After being chosen as a winner of the previous challenge, thanks Roger again for hosting, I was thinking about the next one. I've seen my self often trying to find interesting patterns from surroundings that are begging to be photographed I did not find this subject in the near future, so it was time to take a shot.

So the next challenge is about pattern(s). Feel free to post images of shadow patterns, patterns in nature, fences, ice, water, buildings, sky or whatever suits you the best.

I'm mainly looking for something that really "pops" so you can use your imagination here. Also I would appreciate if the photo is really concentrated on the pattern itself, without too much of the surroundings shown unless it is a necessary part of the story behind the image.

So go ahead, amaze me and other viewers!

This challenge is open until 15th of February, 7PM GMT (Europe). I'm travelling next week for work, so please excuse me if I'm not able to follow the challenge regularly.

Posting Guidelines

When the host provides everyone with the current topic, you may enter up to 3 pictures total, preferably in a single post but not mandatory. Please give a title to each photo, this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Feel free to post photos for 'exhibition only' if you feel you are not able to host the next challenge, or simply do not wish to compete. In either case, add "Exhibition" or "Extra" or "Just for Fun" or "Off Contest" (or something similar) to your post. Also include these terms when posting any photos in addition to your original 3 entries.

Either embed your image in your post or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).

When posting a picture(s), change the Subject of your post to display your picture titles and/or your name. This way, when someone replies it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: *** Mini-Challenge xxx - ...***" it would be very boring to scan the list.

Please size your photos no bigger than around 1600 pixels on the longest dimension. This is to let those with smaller monitors see your image at full resolution. Please limit the file size of your entries to conserve bandwidth.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want people to give you constructive criticism, ask for C&C.

Regular Rules

Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of camera or time taken. You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo (because we like to know).

The host chooses the winner and the decision is final. No matter what you say, the host is likely not going to change their mind after the fact. Remember, it's all about fun and learning.

The winner then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person. The winner has 48 hours to post the new challenge. If that doesn't happen 2nd place has 24 hours to do so, and if that doesn't happen it's up to the 3rd place winner.

Some Previous Mini-Challenges

370 Selective Color

371 Capture My Interest

372 Sports

373 Modes of Land Transport

374 The Blue Hour

375 Your most unique sunset or sunrise shot

376 Shared moments

377 Summer

378 Fall colors

379 Water

380 Outdoor Food

381 A Different View

382 Hidden Beauty

383 Wind in action

384 Let's talk about Cars

385 Abstracts in Nature

386 Children

387 Christmas in the Air

388 All One Color

389 Old Things

390 New Things

391 Mountains and Hills

392 Places of Worship

393 Reflections

394 Cold

janzu77's gear list:janzu77's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow