Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,444Gear list
Like?
Re: apples and oranges
In reply to bluevellet, 5 months ago

bluevellet wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

Olympus is one stop dimmer, it's equivalent to 24-80mm f/5.6 on FF. And the weight and price, all other things being equal, is growing as f^2 to f^3. So, by that metrics, Olympus is way too heavy and too overpriced.

-- hide signature --

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter -- Winston Churchill

Better optics for the sensor though. Fewer flaws and fewer people complaining about what they're paying for. Not quite the same story with those FE zooms so far.

Don't know where you read this - Even on the MFT forums there are complaints and issues with the 12-40...

Taking the FE kit zoom lens, out of the equation, I've only seen people complaining about the FE prices, not their IQ - I guess, we've been reading different articles and reports...

I'm still curious to see what happens when you attach that F4 zoom lens on a regular APS-C body, the results will be probably even worse if it follows the same pattern as the FE primes.

So, you mount a FF lens on an APS-C body/sensor and if things don't work the best, it's the lens fault?! 

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow