ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillyBob1
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
D5300 Picture Style settings
10 months ago

Hi all,

So I just bought my D5300 today with 18-140 lens.  Previously I had the D5100 (still have it).

I've forgotten a bit how these "Picture Style" settings work.  Firstly I should point out (and don't yell at me!!) that I only shoot JPEG, and that I generally bump up the settings in the camera so that the JPEGs straight out of the camera come out looking sharp and well saturated color wise.

I think from memory the "Landscape" Picture Style has a different 'curve' to say the "Standard" Picture Style ??  Correct me if I am wrong please.

I have started off tweaking the "Landscape" picture style to my taste - and so far I've bumped the sharpening up to 2 below the maximum, and the saturation to 1 below the maximum.  Sounds like quite a lot I know, but on the defaults the colors were very plain.

Does anyone else who shoots JPEG have some Picture Style settings they'd like to share?

You also seem to be able to "Save/Load" your Picture Style settings/file to a SD card.  Does that mean people can share them?  If anyone has some they'd like to share of nice warm saturated colours then please feel free!

Any other tips on Picture Styles settings?

Thanks

Nikon D5100 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow