Robin Wong - Olympus 25mm 1.8 review, part 1

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Too expensive
In reply to photofan1986, 6 months ago

But the Canon 50/1.4 is still a cheaper lens and had fast USM focus and good build, plus will be better at AF tracking (okay, that's unfair as it's due to the bodies).

Reference - camerapricebuster has 12+ sites selling it for under £300

Tho comparing new lens prices with ones that have been out a while isn't fair either, as prices always tend to fall once they've taken the money of all the people who will pay more to get one immediately. Hmmm... why does that sound so much like me and a GH4?

BTW I don't really like any of the current Canon 50s all that much, the new Sigma Art lens looks a way better idea. However Canon say this is the year of the lens, so maybe a replacement one will appear. I also prefer the 20/1.7 to using a 25 on m43 so won't be buying it. I might buy a fast-ish 25 with OIS if Panasonic did one, for video (a 20-25/1.2 would fill out their fast prime series nicely...).

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow