Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 19,284
Like?
Re: Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?
In reply to Godfrey, 10 months ago

Godfrey wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

... But I have made an exception and have a pre-order for a Nocticron. Even if I never buy any more M4/3 lenses I can be assured that it will happily grace a tiny GM1 forever. Like my Ricoh's I simply don't care if it is never upgraded and that probably states the case.

That's going to be a biggish lens for the GM1, but it does have image stabilization and should perform beautifully.

I don't mind larger lenses on smaller bodies, I never get an impulse to put them in my pocket

I saw the Nocticron as a way to turn the GM1 into a very powerful little camera.  I have such things as a Canon EF 85mm 1.2 quite happily working on a NEX6 with a Metabones Speed Booster doing its 91mm f0.9 equivalent and that is a big lump for a NEX. Pre-Nocticron I am trying out my CV Nokton 40/1.4 which is no trouble on the GM1. I will also try the 90mm f4.0 M-Rokkor that you recommended.  I think the GM1 is sweet with these lenses.

However it is quite a nice little bundle with the kit IS zoom and the Nocticron also with AF and IS will benefit with the useful AF features on the GM1.

I've got more than enough equipment now, and my beloved Leica R lens kit is happiness itself on the A7 body. As I use it more and more, it may well push out everything else ... I just love what those lenses do.

In FourThirds format, I looked at the GM1 but its too small for me to be comfortable using, I'm sticking with the E-M1 as it also works best with my FT SLR lenses.

I would have found something bigger but I have enough larger bodies and I try not to completely supersede anything that I will continue to like using and new acquisitions are more like plugging gaps in the armoury.

So many good cameras and lenses popped up in the past half year ... !

We are all kids in the lolly* shop (*candy, sweetie, depends on where you like).

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow