Using the Df's top dials for auto ISO? possible firmware update?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,207
Like?
Using the Df's top dials for auto ISO? possible firmware update?
2 months ago

With all the talk about the X-T1 having an auto setting on its ISO dial it occurs to me that this doesn't really get around the main problem I have with auto ISO, that is the fiddly way in which the max ISO and preferred min shutter speeds are set/displayed.

It seems to me that the Df has the potential to make this far easier by giving users the option of using the top dials to make these settings. Imagine say a setup when in Av mode with auto ISO on your setting your aperture by the front wheel and ISO by the back wheel as on a standard DSLR but your setting your max auto ISO and preferred min shutter speed via the top dials. You'd even still have an actual shutter speed display on the top plate with the LCD.

I'm not really seeing a season why this couldn't be achieved via firmware, just add an option into the auto ISO menu.

Whilst obviously not retro this seems like it might have a pretty wide appeal to me giving a very responsive street/casual camera.

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow