Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IGotShot
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
6D Questions
10 months ago

I've had my 6D for a short 2 weeks now and have gotten somewhat familiar with all the controls. I've read through the big manual but still have some questions:

1. If I use a fast lens, anything wider than f/3.2, the center cross point can only be vertical line sensitive (no longer cross type)?

2. Picture Styles are only applicable for JPEGS? This is where you control the JPEG engine?

3. What is auto light optimizer doing and does it only apply to JPEG?

4. If I turn on High ISO NR, is it applied to RAW files? (I understand mutiexposure NR is JPEG only)

5. What is Highlight tone priority and what is it actually doing? Is this JPEG only?

6. If I turn on chromatic aberration correction and vignetting correction, are these applied to RAW?

As you can tell from my questions, I'm doing post production in Lightroom and Photoshop and don't want to apply something that has already been applied in camera to the RAW.

That's all for now, thanks!

IGotShot's gear list:IGotShot's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow