Where have all the Focal-reducers gone? (with apologies)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,449
Like?
Re: speaking of blue dots...
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 6 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

greypixelz wrote:

Hi Tom,

I bought a second focal reducer, this time the RJ variety, for EOS mount. The first one I got was the Mitakon for Nikon F mount.

I thought the blue dot would be less visible on this second adapter, however, it seems to be slightly worse.

Thanks for your addition to the knowledge pool, I presume that it was the same lens set?

Having looked at some of those Chinese clones, I suspect they all utilize the same optical assembly from the same supplier, maybe it's Mitakon.

I recollect others complaining about the RJ and Nikon lenses specifically. If the blue dots appear on both adapters it may indicate a similar lens element configuration but also highlight that Nikon company was not over-concerned with ghost reflections off film stock when the lenses were first made. Presumably the reflections off film were so inconsequential the the Nikon designers either did not notice them or decided to ignore them.

It has nothing to do with the lenses, only with the adapters. As I demonstrated before, there is a blue spot even without any lens attached. And since I switched to Metabones, all my Nikon lenses work fine without any blue spots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow