Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,408
Like?
E-M1 AF. Michaels back!
5 months ago

I had noted with interest that MR over on LuLa had gone on his recent Antarctic photo expedition armed with an EM1 and some 4/3 lenses.

Well he's back and has posted his first comments. LL is always worth a read:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/locations/michaels_antarctica_2014.shtml

For those of us that have been .. er ... unexcited shall we say, with the focus of the old 4/3 lenses on the EM1, its interesting to see that Michael does his usual lyrical waxing over how optically excellent they are, but comes clean on the relative focus performance, with what is probably a very honest:

"they have their flaws. Not optical, but with regard to autofocus. For day-to-day use in normal light they are fine, but in low light and low contrast conditions the AF simply doesn't work all that well. It hunts. It misses, and often it simply gives up. People shooting beside me with Nikons and Canons were nailing focus of penguins porpoising and whales sounding, but I was left standing there with my lenses racking back and forth"

Hmmm ... sounds so strangely familiar ....

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
puffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow