What was your reason to buy a N1 (besides price) and will it develop further?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nuke12
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
What was your reason to buy a N1 (besides price) and will it develop further?
6 months ago

I’m curious. Besides buying a N1 because of the blow sales prices, why did you purchase one? There must have been other considerations besides price?

I could make this some sort of a poll but I’d like more of a user reaction then the cold numbers, a poll could provide.

I’ll be honest, in reply to my own question. I seen the N1 as a 2.7x TC to my collection of F-mount lenses. I wanted to buy just the body without any lenses but Nikon Canada does not package it that way. I ended up buying the V2 with a 10-30mm. Fine, says me, it’s a good sensor protector. I received a discounted price but I wouldn’t call it a blow out price.

Many here seem to be building their N1 into a system. Lots of N1 lenses, a flash, etc. Honestly, I wouldn’t have guessed anyone would do that until I spent some time on this forum. Some of the pictures are great. I don’t find them to be FF quality but that has to be expected. Sometimes picture composition is the trump card over pixel peeking.

So what was your reason, was it a good decision and do you have plans to follow it up if Nikon evolves the N1 system?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow