Buying new camera (set) and choice between two m4/3 and FF

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Mk82
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: Yup ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, 10 months ago

but ... that lens alone weighs more than an Em-1 with the 75mm F/1. attached.

And I like how it balances on the camera, strong and solid.

That I love in heavy cameras that you have extra weight when you are in more demanding shooting locations, it dampens the shake and it dampens movement when you are hit by strong winds or even wood branches. The feel is great because you can so easily rotate to portrait and you have good grip again in side, why I would get grip for OM-D and use when needed. But when I want weight, it is easier to add than remove. So use a special lead attachment to bottom and you easily get even 1kg more weight if wanted.

And I can not tell you how good it feels to handle such cameras in gloves.

Have you handled OM-2 with gloves? Even when it was way smaller than Canon or Nikon SLR cameras it was easier to handle with gloves than those larger ones. Then when you attached a motor end to it you got something what made Canon and Nikon shooters so jealous as you had so small package what was almost perfect to handle (some grips missed the second trigger).

I would like to know opinions from people who have used OM-D (E-M1?) with gloves how well did they find rear and front wheels work, how the trigger feels and is thumb on the way? This by using a thicker leather (or similar) gloves and not some nice very thin crocheted gloves.

As with those you start knowing how it feels to be old and not a young... My mother use to say to me when I was 15 years old that if I put working gloves on my hands then I would know how it feels to live with old hands.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow