Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,739
Like?
Re: brain fart ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, 10 months ago

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Big Ga wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

I also agree on the need for 28-300 equivalent travel zooms. And let's make them fast ... f/3.5 to f/5.6 at worst ....

Hmm. So what's wrong with something like the current panny 14-140 Mk2 ?

Oops ... I meant the new generation of 28-450 EFL ... Nikon's is better than the previous generation.

I'm quite happy with my 14-140 Mk1 ... it is very sharp and all that ... but I would not complain if Panny released something as good as Nikon's 18-300 in a 14-230 or thereabouts ... of course, they had their chance and chose not to, one supposes to shrink the current lens for whatever reason (keep the shutter shock debate going perhaps.)

Personally, I'm happy with what they've done. I've recently picked up a MK2 14-140 and I'm a bit shocked as to how good it is over the whole range! need more testing to be sure, but for me, its a real winner and I really appreciate the compact size for what it is.

I know some people crave more reach, but (and again, this is just me), once you go over 300mm equivalent, you often start to get into all sorts of IQ destroying issues like shake, air quality blurring etc.

The only thing I'd love is if they could manage a 12-140 type lens. If they made the 12mm end as good as the 14mm wide end is now, I'd be in heaven ... and I generally HATE superzooms, as in the past I've always found the IQ compromises too much. I'm not so sure that's the case anymore with the 14-140MK2. Not in good light anyway

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
TomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow