Buying new camera (set) and choice between two m4/3 and FF

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Mk82
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying new camera (set) and choice between two m4/3 and FF
In reply to gotompoes, 7 months ago

gotompoes wrote:

For your type of photography i recommend to go full frame. Whilst the E M1 is a very nice camera (assuming you get one without the shutter shock problem) the files tend to look grainy. With the full frame option the files look much more silky/velvety.

I have read that E-M5/E-M1 noise isn't actually so much in RGB channels but in luminance channel from where it is pretty easy to remove? But to me the grain isn't a problem, I am use to it and I actually prefer random grain look (I don't like noise, and from there I even like Olympus noise on max values as it is good looking one) as it brings life to picture. So I can't understand so much those who demand all the time smooth photo as possible..

I use the a micro 4/3 system for street and some creative photography styles and several full frame systems for urban, landscape and other " considered " photography styles.
The E M1 is an ideal camera for unobtrusive type of photography.
Instead of the Nikon d 600 i use the Nikon DF with some small primes. Whilst the Df is expensive the Nikon prime lenses are cheap. If you use zoom lenses for the Nikon D 600 then the package gets quite sizable.

Have you had problems with the EVF eye sensor when holding camera close your shirt?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow