Is it normal for Canon Rebels (T5i) to have creeky hand grips? Do you have one?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 346
Like?
Is it normal for Canon Rebels (T5i) to have creeky hand grips? Do you have one?
9 months ago

Im going to exchange mine today as I noticed over the past 2 weeks the top half of the hand grip has become creeky. It's the sound of plastic on plastic. It's kind of a clicking and creaking that I can feel in the handle when I grab and/or move the camera by the grip, which is a pain because the sounds is quite audible and makes the camera feel less solid.

I might be a bit OCD over this since it doesnt affect the functionality of the camera at all, but it bothers me each time i pick up the camera.  Just curious is this is a common problem on the T5is?  Hope my new one doesnt get this.

From what I see, there is no way to pop the hand grip off and stuff some padding inside the grip for more insulation.  Usually handgrips are easily removed on DSLRs but i guess not with Rebels.

Does anyone else have or seen creeky handgrips on rebels?  Id imagine, they only get worse over time, hence why im changing mine.

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow