Long Exposure HDRs on a Rainy Night (10-18mm)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,153Gear list
Like?
Long Exposure HDRs on a Rainy Night (10-18mm)
10 months ago

On my vacation last week, one of the nights I was out shooting with the NEX, I decided to bring the tripod along, with the 10-18mm lens on my NEX-5N for some long exposure in-camera HDR shooting.

The day was off-and-on drizzle and overcast (the only day of the trip that had rain) so I was traveling light - just camera and mounted lens and the old Ziploc bag raincover trick...at night, overcast can make skies interesting because the clouds and rain pick up the reflected colors of lights from below, and the rain makes the ground more reflective and mirror-like, so it was kind of fun shooting in those conditions...though I did get a little wet since I had no umbrella.

These are in the Magic Kingdom theme park at Disney World, which even later in the evening would have still been packed - but the rain lightened the crowds significantly which made it a little easier to shoot tripod exposures.

The entrance gate to Tomorrowland

Playing with light trails - this is the spinning Dumbo ride

And these are the spinning Tea Cups under their domed tent

Prince Eric's castle, which houses the Little Mermaid ride

Gaston's Tavern - the rain was coming down pretty good here, but like the folks across the way I was sitting at a table with an umbrella for this one!

The spinning Carousel ride, with Cinderella's Castle in the background

Pinnochio's Village Haus restaurant - I thought the reflections and shadows coming through the windows were casting neat patterns on the ground in the rain soaked sidewalks

One of Disney's oldest and most iconic rides - It's A Small World

The Haunted Mansion ride, looking more ominous with the rain and overcast orange glow skies

Comments, questions, and critique always welcomed.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow