Where have all the Focal-reducers gone? (with apologies)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,190Gear list
Like?
I'd still buy one if they'd make it...
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 10 months ago

I am interested - I like APS-C and am happy sticking with it, but can see some advantages to the Speed Booster type devices when it comes to the fast primes...not only the gain in 1 stop of aperture, but the fact that wide APS-C primes are impossible to find or very expensive, while 40-50mm types are a dime a dozen, and would be just the right focal length in a full frame.

However, they don't make them in the mounts I need.  I could pick up a Pentax one, but I'd much prefer to get one in Konica K/AR mount, or in Leica M mount.

Maybe with full frame mirrorless now on the market, they'll stop producing different mounts of these focal reducers, and I'm out of luck - or maybe they'll lower the prices and venture into many other mounts which would open them up to more people...time will tell.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow