Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 808Gear list
Like?
6D.: Action in the Alps
5 months ago

I still see remarks that the 6D can’t do action, although not as bad as it was in the beginning. So I’ll continue to post shots from the 6D’s perceived weak areas,  I do landscapes and portraits too, but we all know the 6D is good at that. What Canon have created with the 6D is a tremendous do everything camera, for those of us who only want to have one camera. Here are some photos from our trip to the French Alps this summer, it was a botanical trip, so I did get get a few surprised looks when I kept photographing anything that moved fast. If you want to see flowers, our flickr page is full of them!

The roads were full of bikes, all kinds, there was even a professional photographer pitched out at a nice hairpin, presumably he was selling photos to people somehow. I didn’t have the time, I’d have love to get a photo of sport bike riders scraping their knees, but was never in the right place at the right time. This was the closest I got.

Ducati streetfighter

Cyclists were just as insane, this guy is probably doing 80km/h or so.

Though heres someone doing 800km/h,  sorry it’s not a great photo, but it was rather unexpected,  wonderful!

Dassault Mirage 2000

Another fun surprise was this Ferrari,  looked up from a gentian and there it was, made a nice noise too.

Ferrari 599 GTO

These Alpine coughs were difficult,  focusing was the least problem,  just getting them in the frame was the tricky part. I only got one decent photo.

Alpine cough

Can't resist posting this one again,  it’s a Cleopatra butterfly, a bit rare. In-flight is the only way to capture the orange wings.

Gonepteryx cleopatra on vipers bugloss

Another butterfly, that I got when it stopped for a second, if anyone can identify it for me, that would be very kind. The flower is Globularia cordifolia & fjäril-4128

Hope you like them

/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow