DSLR owners: Would a creeky hand grip bother you enough to exchange at the store?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 346
Like?
DSLR owners: Would a creeky hand grip bother you enough to exchange at the store?
9 months ago

Today is my very last day for my instore return/exchange and a couple days ago Ive noticed the top half of my hand grip on my T5i has gotten creeky if I grab it. It's the sound of plastic on plastic. It's kind of a clicking and creaking that I can feel in the upper half of the handle when I grab and/or move the camera by the grip, which is a pain because the sounds is quite audible and makes the camera feel less solid.  If you put it next to your ear while moving that part of the grip left and right you can hear the plastic creek.

And im not sure if this is something that will get worse over time or not. When you move it left and right, you can sometimes feel that part of the hand grips plastic creek to the left, creek to the right.

Do you think i should exchange it? If so, what should i tell them? I cant say cause of a creeky hand grip, they wont accept that as a legit reason. Or would you just leave it?

What are the odds the new one i get will do this too? I do know these cameras are still plastic, but is this normal?

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow