Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rooski
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007
Like?
Re: Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR
In reply to ray-ray, 8 months ago

Right on, JPEG Shooter... I'm simply not going to allow myself to obsess over technical aspects of the camera to the point where it surpasses my ability to have fun and enjoy taking pictures. It's just crazy to demean and belittle camera owners (aka HS50 owners) by using terms like "watercolor". The X-S1 is not the superior camera and neither the X-S1 nor the HS50 out-perform a Canon 70D. The HS50 is what it is and to me, it is a fun camera. I get some really good shots with it and I get some lousy shots. There's a lot I don't know about photography... and there's a lot I know about photography. I'm not goading what I do know over anybody. We should all just shoot, post your favorite shots and let us enjoy them, ask questions, make comments, compare notes, etc. You don't have to like everybody's photos, but you should at least try to be a little nice.

The X-S1 does have superior overall IQ than the HS50. Period. How much better is subjective. And, with all the various sample images (full sized) available at our fingertips, across the internet, you don't have to own either camera to form an opinion about the IQ differences. And yes, The X-S1 can also paint in "watercolor", but just not as well

I'm not sure what the 70D has to do with this thread.

Too many people here say "Don't worry about the technical aspects of the camera.... just shoot and share pictures", but DPR forums is mostly about the hardware we use, how the hardware performs, and how different hardware compares.

I personally don't use this site to see, and compare "photographs", and could care less about who's a good "photographer" and who isn't. When I view photos here, my main judgement is mostly about camera IQ, and not so much about photographic composition. I've been using small sensor digicams for years, and have had many good photo compositions trashed because of excessive noise/NR, so for me, these two aspects alone are what I mostly scrutinize for, when judging IQ performance. Lens quality is also big on my list.

"Hi..... My name is Rooski, and I'm a pixel peeper".

-- hide signature --

Rooski

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow