Re: Examples - DPR's own full size samples
In reply to papillon_65, 8 months ago

papillon_65 wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Don't remember saying that it couldn't shoot ... I posted many an image from the F11 and was very pleased with it up to 1600 ... in 2005.

-- hide signature --

No but you did say words to the effect that the lens was poor and riddled with CA -

That fact has been in evidence forever ...

Apparently not by these images.

it doesn't appear to be the case in these shots, which are of high quality from a small sensored camera, by anyones standards.

If you judge a camera by two samples then we have very little to discuss.

Well one of them had the nightmare CA scenario, backlit foliage, yet where was the CA?, can you get CA with the F31fd? sure, I can get CA with my EF 24-105mm L, it's not a problem with either.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf31fd/5

-- hide signature --

The point is not whether you can get CA with this camera, I can get it with pretty much any camera/lens you care to mention in certain scenarios, it's whether it's a big issue with this camera as you earlier contended, it isn't.

So you say ... but the PF is definitely a huge issue. When it strikes, it is almost impossible to remove from images without leaving obvious traces.

If you never encounter it in your shooting style, that is luck on your part. Or limited shooting environments. But many have over the years and it is strong enough to feature on DPReview's image quality page.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow