ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sportyaccordy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,103Gear list
Like?
A simple demonstration of why CaNikon should get into the cell phone game
7 months ago

Here is a map of camera stores in my area:

A handful. A smattering. One of these locations is a Best Buy.

Here is a map of cell phone stores in my area:

A shotgun blast.

All the little red dots are cell phone stores Google couldn't add to it's list- too many of them.

This is not to say CaNikon should abandon dedicated cameras. But with point and shoots' decline in mainstream relevance, as well as market saturation, just having a presence in the cell phone market could be a huge thing for their brand. Especially if they use those phones as opportunities to assert photographic superiority over the typical cameraphone. Everyone doesn't buy cell phones to take pictures but I would bet more folks take pictures with phones than dedicated cameras. Development/platforms/hardware would not be a huge issue- there are 2 huge ready made platforms they could make the phones on (Android and Windows Mobile).

This is NOT a suggestion that anyone should ditch their D800 for a cell phone or whatever knee jerk defense/antagonistic reaction folks have to cameraphones. Cameraphones are the new point and shoots... only seems rational for camera makers to adapt to market changes.

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow