F31fd: Is this still the magical camera? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
This thread is locked.
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,408Gear list
Re: Nothing wrong with the F31fd
In reply to Cigarguy, 5 months ago

Cigarguy wrote:

Still use my F31fd for work and still love it. I still shot with my even older Olympus C8080 once in a while for work. It takes better pics then my F31 in some cases. These cameras are still functional and useful. Can still walk into my B&M and pic up xD cards. The museum piece is the tool behind the camera, improving this tool have always produce the best photographic improvement over the decades.

Sorry ... but that's specious. Although perhaps "the tool behind the camera" has a more appropriate meaning for you, who is to say what you really meant?

I haven't seen xD cards in a long time, but obviously some of you live where they are available. Great news.

The idea that the photographer matters more than the camera is not new ... it is the same with brain surgeons. The fact that you can make do with technology from the last decade does not mean that it is somehow a great idea. It merely means that you have to work within its limitations. And for your work, the limitations are obviously not a problem.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow