Suggestions and which backpack do you use?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,112Gear list
Like?
Updates and thoughts after trying a few
In reply to nandbytes, 8 months ago

So I visited some shops and tried a few bags and here are thoughts:

Tamrac evolution 9:

Pro: Nice and spacious, slings, zip system with side entrance and allows for tripod.

con: too heavy (2.26 kg!), no space for water

Lowepro 250:

pro: spacious, weight (1.5kg), cheapest by far

con: no proper tripod support, no space water if I use tripod, not sure about the zip system for the camera compartment

Lowepro 250 AW:

Pro: same as 250 but better tripod support

Con: worst camera compartment support, really open for people to unzip etc.

manfrotto tripack large:

pro: spacious, light (1.29kg!) and it slings unlike lowepro, tripod support

cons: no space for water

Has slightly better zip system than 250 IMO.

f-stop kenti (not able to try):

pro: excellent ergonomics, side entrance zip system, water hydration space that doubles up as laptop space, weight (1.54 kg), tripod support

con: price, not as spacious

Kata 3-in-1 33 (not able to try):

pro: lot of camera space, light (1.29kg!) and it slings unlike lowepro, tripod support, better zip system

cons: no space for water, not sure about personal item space.

Has slightly better zip system than 250 IMO.

clik elites and others:

not able to try these but I did consider a fair few. The ones I could buy in UK didn't have ease of access/side access to camera or it had a LOT of space but not really for laptops. They seem of excellent quality for hiking etc, but since I am looking for something that will fit more than one purpose this isn't for me atm. I will probably end up buying one of these (contrejour 40 probably) down the road but not right now.

What I want:

Something weight of kata/manfrotto, space of tamrac, features of kenti at price of lowepro! Looks like I will have to make my own bag lol.

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow