Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rservello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: From the mod: please stay on topic
In reply to Antal I Kozma, 6 months ago

Antal I Kozma wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

Please stay on topic. This is the Nikon Fx forum. You may comment on the artistic quality (or lack thereof for some of you) of the pictures, the technique, how the gear help take the shots, etc.

But religious beliefs, whether they are supportive of same sex marriage or not, are off topic and should not be posted here.

DPreview offers an off topic forum and you are welcome to discuss your beliefs to your heart contents in that community. You may post a link to this thread if you'd like. But religious discussions will not be tolerated here.

Please do not reply to this post:

>>> Discussion of moderation in the forum is not tolerated <<<

I welcome all comments by PM.

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as moderator

As photographers and visual artists we all know that there are controversial subjects. The question is; can a Moderator decide what is the line between art and offensive subject? One may see something as art, other may see the same thing as improper or offensive display.

Anyway, can one express differing opinions about a subject matter or it has to be a Moderator who decides about what can be said and what not.

One segment of participants mat say, "oh lovely". While other may say" gee, it is pure lust expressed in these images". Can one's opinion be expressed freely while other's depressed?

Let's not hide behind the veil of a "purely gear" forum or something like that. It is not about religion and so forth. It is about expressing differing opinions in a civilized manner.

Hope i do not get muffled for this.

Cheers, AIK:-P

The problem was the hateful off topic posts. Discuss the images, not your beliefs.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49019071@N03/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2334596/
* Sensitive Internet User Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and are not meant to offend you or damage your precious beliefs.

Rservello's gear list:Rservello's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Rokinon 85mm F1.4 Apple Aperture +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow