** The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 14 02 03 **

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,296
Like?
Re: Abandoned House
In reply to 19andrew47, 10 months ago

19andrew47 wrote:

The house didn't look that far gone in the image Larry. Perhaps it was worse than it looks here. A nice blue sky and good detail.

Andrew

It (the property) got purchased by an LLC that figured to make a huge profit, and they tore it down to make room for a few houses.

Land speculation is a tricky thing here in New England..

As soon as they knocked down the house, the Town changed the Taxes (House lots pay more taxes than farm land, even if the land lays fallow).

Now the land lays empty (some years later) with the LLC trying desperately to sell it, with no buyers on the horizon.

I, personally, would have bought it, fixed it up, and moved in... It was only about a thousand feet down the street from me.  A 300 plus year old house that was fixable (even with those HORRID additions) would be attractive to me. All of the main structure was solid, and good.

Unfortunately, it was never advertised for sale, and was bought secretly for a very low price from the little old lady that owned it.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow