PIX 2015

Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D610 help!!!

Started Feb 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,607Gear list
Re: Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D610 help!!!
In reply to PSKR, Feb 5, 2014

PSKR wrote:

Hey Aftab,

Thanks for your reply.

Now coming to what i shoot, i am not a professional. I am immensely passionate about photography, and am mainly into street photography, portraits and a few events. I want a camera that i can carry with me at most times, and can capture the moment when i need it to.

As some of the people have pointed out the Nikkor 24-120, what dyou think of it? Dyou think that the Nikkor 24-120 F/4G VR compares to the Canon 24-105?

I have owned or used more than a dozen Canon lenses, but never used Canon 24-105. And I have used only three Nikon lenses, 24-120 is not one of them. So, I can't give you my personal opinion. But I have a friend who shoots exactly what you shoot and he uses Canon 24-105  and 5DII almost exclusively. And guess what, he continues win international awards. You can have a look at his pictures here.

Sometimes, I wonder what the fuss with all these gears!!

I am an enthusiast like you. I have a milder form of GAS. Recently I bought a highly acclaimed Sigma 35/1.4 for D600. Now I am thinking, what the fuss!!

Anyways, I would say get 5DIII. Its a gem. And if you like 24-105 focal range, either get the Canon version or the Sigma version, preferably Sigma. And if you like shallow DOF and nice bokeh you can add a 1.4 prime later.

My opinion of course.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow