Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...
In reply to Tony Beach, 10 months ago

Tony Beach wrote:

yray wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

yray wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

yray wrote:

JimPearce wrote:

Will there be a D700 successor? No.

Well, in my book D700 may remain its own successor for the foreseeable future. Unless you need lots of pixels and extreme DR for low ISO landscape shooting, D700 still does it all. Still the most versatile of cameras, that you have to pay multiples of the current used prices to get ever so slight improvement over.

It's a discussion for another forum really, but Thom actually called the D800 the D700 successor and told Nikon users to "get over it," so I see a bit of a contradiction from Thom about this in his latest article.

I

What I find interesting is that all of the discussion above on the 16MP vs 12MP, focuses purely on 'resolution / print sizing' to wit, basically image detail per se, but ignores holistic rendition, which the newer sensors, much greater pixel density, trump the lower MP sensors, in color depth and tonality.

When I started looking more closely at K-3 images ( and some not needing close viewing to see it) , it was very clear.

And I do believe the science supports this, in that the greater number of pixels are simply able to capture not only more detail, but more tonal variations (light).

But as you say, horses for courses.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow