This thread is locked.
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,544Gear list
Re: ISO 1600 SOOC JPG (8 Years ago)
In reply to ivand, 7 months ago

ivand wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Sunshine_boy wrote:

This is my favorite shot I took of my friend's twin girls using my F31 which is still in mint condition.

I remember I posted it at the time to show the cam's capabilities and invited people to 'play' with it for improvements. I got a lot of great responses and edits but this is the very original unedited sooc image.

I remember it well ... I did a bunch of versions back then ... here is one a did a moment ago in LR5 ...

My cam at hand is now the Nikon P7100 but the F31 is still on standby for when I need a small capable unobtrusive cam carried in my pocket...

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

-- hide signature --

Amazing result at iso 1600 for f31fd. Not sure that can get same with my f31fd and couldn't resist to pp a little

Cheers ivand.

Thanks Ivand Lovely edit. I've just added it to the old folder which now numbers 50 different edits of all sorts!... And 'yes', the F31 was a great piece of engineering that required minimal battery power to deliver image quality that was unheard of (then) for the size of its sensor.  It was a pleasure to use and a relief from the crap that its contemporary cameras used to deliver. Unfortunately Fuji started going downhill since that time. They could have established themselves as 'the compact kings' but they chose otherwise. The amazing thing was that the F31 was used as the yardstick to evaluate the image quality of subsequent models until not so long ago and I doubt if they hit the 100% mark with any of their consumer models in the 8 years that followed the F31. I gave up on Fuji but my F31 continues to be a camera I cherish and will never sell... 

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow