Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photokraftbyjen
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon d7100 Help
10 months ago

I just purchased a D7100 as an upgrade to my D90. I love my D90 and am planning on keeping it and I recently rented a D300s to shoot winter sports with, specifically boys and girls basketball. Prior to purchasing the D7100, I had thought I was going to go with a D300s until I read a few reviews that said that the 7100 was better than the 300s. I found some quick help guides to use for tonight's game, but found that it was very slow to shoot. I wasn't happy at all. Before the company sent the camera, they called and told me I would need this super fast card that cost upwards of $400. That seemed a bit hokie, but now I'm wondering if that was what I should have used. If anyone has any useful suggestions, I would appreciate it. I have a Tamron 70-300 f2.8 that I use for glass, and it certainly worked well with the 300s. I have a few days to play before I decide to send it back because I really do think it is a great camera, but if I can't shoot sports well, it's not worth it since that's primarily what I do.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nikon D300S Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$400New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow