Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Devendra
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,579Gear list
Like?
not sure
In reply to JimPearce, 10 months ago

JimPearce wrote:

A decent buffer and 7-8 frames per second are crucial. since Nikon found room for an AF-On button on the Df I'm sure they could find room on a D7200. Add the carbon fiber reinforcement and smoothed out sensor from the D5300, and what more could you want? After six years of shooting the D300 and D300s if anything I find the ergonomics of the D7100 superior. Most of the caterwauling about the body here is coming from people who at most have shot a D7100 in the store.

-- hide signature --

Jim

It is encouraging to hear your feedback on D7100 AF and the fact that you find D7100 ergo's better. Its good to know that Nikon is adding better AF as the years go by in lower end bodies. Lets hope that the next upgrade will be in par n zippy with their previous higher end pro DX (D2h, D2x) bodies

In terms of what else to expect, back in 2005, when we thought D200 was great, Nikon offered us D300. It was a leap in feature set. Nikon certainly has some things up there sleeve, but they are silent. I am expecting the unexpected at the moment, and imaginary speculation only leads to disappointments when it comes to cameras, so I keep my options open.

I also did a small questionnaire in FF forum asking migrants to Nikon which feature(s) they enjoyed in their non-nikon cameras:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51901907

(folks did come up with interesting suggestions, and I owe them a summary!)

Just based on that, I want other camera makers to survive. These pentaxs/sony/samsungs/olympus etc are the creative ones and they want to attract non-canikon users, while retaining their own following. Its a hard sell, but very much required.

Devendra's gear list:Devendra's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow