My first wedding shoot - D800

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
j_photo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,077Gear list
Like?
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800--About the images
In reply to CeleryBeats, 5 months ago

To the OP: it seems you have natural ability working with your subjects. I agree with one of the other posters who commented that the images are less like wedding shots and more like engagement shots. A little heavy on the amorousness for my personal tastes (nothing to do with gender). But regardless, the subjects appear natural, happy, relaxed--so very nice work on that count.

There is also a nice creativity to the images, composition, etc. These are not like every other set of wedding (or engagement) images. So again, another check mark for good instincts/talent.

As to the processing, I don't really like most of the images. They seem a bit harsh, as if they were over-sharpened or some kind of filter was applied heavily. Is there also a purposeful desaturation? Then the ones that are not so harsh, feel more out of focus rather than soft or gentle in a pleasing way. Also to my eye, the black and white processing is rather ordinary and low in contrast. This is all just my personal opinion, not intended as some sort of expert judgment, and meant to be offered constructively.

All of which is to say, great job, especially for a first shoot. You appear to have the talents that are the hardest learn. And if more sophisticated processing skills are your biggest challenge, lucky you.

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow