Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tissunique
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,189
Like?
Re: Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...
In reply to n057, 6 months ago

By now Nikon must have become aware of the very positive responses to a D4/16mp sensor (DF) and its rightful place in a REAL D700 update (maybe up to 20 mpx) - Nikon cannot be that blind! So ultimately I believe that REAL updates to both the D300s and D700 will be forthcoming. It should be remembered that other makers must have taken some market share (i.e. Canon, Sony) from Nikon with cameras that offer much lower mpx (than 36 mpx) but higher build quality and very good image quality.

I do not think the DF will be updated except via firmware and the current model will remain and eventually disappear once the D700 replacement arrives. However, I also believe that Nikon will respond to Fuji's small mirrorless DX bodies after the rather poor 1 series failed to catch on. Finally I think Nikon has forgotten how important 'Made In Japan' is to many photographers but may move medium to high level bodies back to Japan especially with current lower yen value levels.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow